Tuesday 24 March 2009

Through A Welsh Window
By Bob Davies

Through a Welsh Window I can see huge mountains hugging the sky and towering above me.
I can see a ruby red dragon breathing fire as bright and as beautiful as the sun, his eyes as dark and as mysterious as the night.
I can see a flock of dazzling, white sheep standing out beautifully in the emerald green grass.


Through a Welsh Window I can taste the scrumptious homemade Welsh cakes, with every bite bursting with warmth and flavour.
I can taste a tender piece of Welsh lamb and gravy slipping down my throat, tickling my taste buds.
I can taste a delicious beef stew smothered with Welsh leeks, both crunchy and soft, fresh from the garden melting in my mouth.


Through a Welsh window I can hear the purest singing coming out of proud Welsh rugby supporters bellowing out the Welsh National Anthem.
I can hear the blowing of the great Welsh air, licking the Welsh flag, making it swing wildly.
I can hear the crunch of the struggling trekker on the Brecon Beacons in the snow, slowly trying to get to the top to see the breathtaking view.


Through a Welsh window I can feel the lush green grass growing under my feet like glorious green waves.
I can feel the passion of my ancestors fighting for Wales and its rights, never giving up, never defeated.
I can feel the atmosphere in the Millennium Stadium as Shane Williams scores in the last minute against the roving Irish, so that we can win the Grand Slam once again.
I can feel the excitement of the players as they hold the cup with their grubby fingers, feeling proud to be Welsh.


Through a Welsh Window I wish that the Welsh win the Grand Slam again so I can feel that burst of pride to be Welsh, and even when I am old and grey I will still feel that pride.
I wish that this amazing country’s language will never die and that it will live on for ever more and that this country’s children’s, children’s, children will still speak it.
I wish that this country will always stand and never fall, and I will always be able to say that I am proud to live in Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment