Thursday 9 September 2010


Today we did our first science investigation.
Firstly, we watched a video about forces and the effect they have on everyday life.
Our KEY QUESTION was: How does the amount of paperclips on a spinner affect the time it takes the spinner to fall to the ground?


Our W.A.L.T. was: To communicate clearly by drawing a successful table.
















We discussed the features of a fair test.















We did each test twice and timed the fall using stopwatches.







We then averaged our results to make them more reliable.













Here is an example of a level 5 table. Well done Charlotte!


5 comments:

  1. Hi miss d
    My mum and dad have just said to me that we are going on holoday around the dates of the skying trip and the kings wood trip so i can't go. :(
    I have just learnt my spellings and i had a test with my mum and i had all of them right includeing mediterranean !

    from Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi miss i really enjoyed doing this experiment thanks! by charlotte johnson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I am not in school today, I am not very well.
    Its not very nice, hope nobody else has it.
    Bryony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs Davies,
    I really enjoyed our electric car
    planning today!
    It was really fun and exciting! :)

    See you on monday,
    Ella W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi.
    Im looking forward to smimming.
    Learnt my Spellings.

    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete